Hello there, welcome to my website, and thank you for taking the time to look around!
My name is Tan Yan Quan, and I am an undergraduate student studying Electrical Engineering at the National University of Singapore (NUS). As a scholar under the prestigious NUS Engineering Scholars (E-Scholars) Programme, I will be graduating with a Bachelor’s Degree with Honours in 3 years in July 2022.
I am actively engaged in various communities within NUS, such as the E-Scholars community and Residential College 4. I have especially been involved in the engagement of incoming E-Scholars, participating in the Live Webinar hosted on 14 March 2020 as part of the NUS E-Open House 2020, as well as planning and moderating the E-Scholars Informal Dialogue held on 6 May 2020. These engagement events were very well received and achieved the goals of clarifying many incoming scholars’ queries.
In my free time, some of the activities I engage in include: Arduino programming, Dizi (Chinese Flute) performance, rock climbing and running.
I have listed some of my personal achievements below, and organised other relevant information in several other pages within this website. Do feel free to contact me if you have any additional queries!
- NUS E-Scholars Scholarship
- DSO SOAR Undergraduate Scholarship (awarded but did not accept)
- DSTA Overseas Undergraduate Scholarship (awarded but did not accept)
- DSTA JC Scholarship
- ExxonMobil Scholastic Achievement Award – 2017
- Raffles Diploma with Distinction (Cognitive) – 2016
- Lee Kuan Yew Award for Mathematics and Science – 2015
- International Champion for 27th International Young Physicists’ Tournament – 2014
- Outstanding Soldier of the Month – August 2018
- Edusave Award for Achievement, Good Leadership and Service (EAGLES) – 2016
- F. I. R. E. Award (Exemplary Character with respect to RI Core Values) – 2015
- Singapore National Youth Chinese Orchestra Musician
- Selected as Singapore representative for Macao International Youth Music Festival
- Performed live on national news programme Hello Singapore (狮城有约)
- National Chinese Music Competition
- Open Category: 3rd Place (2018)
- Youth Category: 2nd Place (2016)
- Distinction in Professional Performance (equivalent to Diploma)
- SNCS Level 1 Certification
- Singapore Youth Flying Club: Completed Basic Flying Course
- Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘A’-Level: 7 distinctions
- Year 4 IP GPA: 3.80 / 4.00
- Primary School Leaving Examination: 3 A*, 1 A